Please check back HERE for frequent updates regarding Pulse Partners’ plans to #HonorThemWithAction on the One Year Mark of Pulse.
Contact Hannah@EQFL.org with any questions.
Things to keep in mind and lessons learned from Orlando:
- The Pulse massacre was a shooting in a popular gay nightclub on Latin night in the middle of pride month. The victims were overwhelmingly LatinX, LGBTQ young people. We have to name the communities that were attacked and the animosity at the root of the shooter’s intent
- Avoid the word anniversary when recognizing the one year mark since the Pulse massacre.
- Use the word “taken” or “killed,” not lost (in reference to the 49 victims)
- Avoid using the name of the shooter
- Emphasize action that will address hate violence and give voice to the intersections of race, gender, and sexuality
“Honor Them with Action” is a reminder and a pledge to uproot hatred and bigotry of all kinds and make the world different and better and more equal for all of us.