Use the hashtag #HonorThemWithAction to elevate this campaign and share how you’re doing the work to uproot anti-LGBTQ bigotry and hatred.
How to Talk About the Pulse Massacre:
- The Pulse massacre was a shooting in a popular gay nightclub on Latin night in the middle of pride month. The victims were overwhelmingly LatinX, LGBTQ young people. We have to name the communities that were attacked and the animosity at the root of the shooter’s intent
- Avoid the word “anniversary” and instead use terms like “remembrance” when recognizing the Pulse massacre.
- Use the word “taken” or “killed,” not lost (in reference to the 49 victims)
- Avoid using the name of the shooter
- Emphasize action that will address hate violence and give voice to the intersections of race, gender, and sexuality
- “Honor Them with Action” is a reminder and a pledge to uproot hatred and bigotry of all kinds and make the world different, better and more equal for all of us.